Traffic Calming Devices
At times, residents of St. Pete Beach may wish to have speed humps installed on their residential streets. If you believe that your streets has a significant issue with speeding or dangerous driving habits, and you wish to have a speed hump installed, please see the below information on how petition the City to do so.
Speed humps will be considered, on a case-by-case basis, and only on local residential streets which meet the following:
- The street must be a local residential street.
- The street shall not have more than one traffic lane in each direction.
- The street must be at least 750 feet long, with no intersecting roadways in between.
- The street is posted at or has a speed limit of 30 MPH or less.
- 2/3 of the property owners of the block(s) shall concur with the installation of the speed hump.
Additionally, the City will evaluate the following when reviewing a request for a speed hump or other traffic calming device:
If you wish to begin the process of petitioning the City for a speed hump on your street, please email Alaina Grundy - firstname.lastname@example.org - or fill out the form below.